For many of us, summertime means yacht parties. Something about being on a luxurious vessel out on the open water makes any gathering feel more special. If you’re planning a yacht party for the season, make sure to serve up some festive drinks to keep your guests entertained.
Here are six easy-to-make ideas to help you start:
1. Spiked Lemonade
Lemonade is a classic summer drink but can be a little too sweet for some people. It’s refreshing and tart, with just a hint of boozy kick.
- Simply combine 1 part vodka or rum, 2 parts lemonade, and a splash of club soda in a pitcher.
- Decorate with slices of lemon and serve with ice.
Sometimes yachts for rent, like this Barcelona booze cruise, have bars on board. But this should not stop you from serving your own special concoctions to your guests.
2. Cucumber Gin and Tonic
The next time you head to Gran Canaria, be sure to take along a bottle of gin and some fresh cucumbers.
Gin and tonics are always good, but they can be even better when you add some cucumber for a refreshing twist. To make this drink:
- Muddle 3-4 slices of cucumber in the bottom of a glass.
- Add 2 ounces of gin, 3/4 ounce of fresh lime juice, and 1/2 ounce of simple syrup.
- Top with tonic water, and use a slice of cucumber to garnish.
Don’t forget to look for reputable yacht charters when planning your next big party, such as Boat Party Tickets. See BoatPartyTickets Gran Canaria Pacha boat party for more info on this yacht party destination.
3. Frozen Sangria
This is an excellent beverage for a hot summer day. It’s refreshing, fruity, and easy to make ahead of time.
- Simply combine 1 bottle of dry red wine, 1 cup of fruit juice, some lime juice, 1/2 cup of brandy, and 1/4 cup of triple sec in a pitcher.
- Blend in 1-2 cups of frozen fruit (whatever you have on hand) and allow to sit in the fridge for an hour.
- Serve in glasses with a little fruit from the bottom of the pitcher.
4. Watermelon Mojitos
Nothing says summer quite like watermelon. And what’s more refreshing than a mojito on a hot day? This drink is a delicious combination of the two.
- Start by muddling fresh 2 watermelon chunks, mint leaves, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and 1 lime juice in the bottom of a glass.
- Add 2 ounces of white rum and 1 ounce of simple syrup.
- Top with ale and garnish with a slice of watermelon and a sprig of mint.
This recipe makes one drink. Whether sailing to Khu Phi Phi Thailand or cruising around the Greek Isles, this refreshing cocktail will surely be a hit.
5. Pineapple Margaritas
Margaritas are always a good idea, but they’re even better when they’re made with fresh pineapple juice. To make this festive drink:
- Use a shaker filled with ice to combine 2 ounces of tequila, 1 ounce of triple sec, 4 ounces of fresh pineapple juice, and 1/4 ounce of lime juice.
- Shake well and strain into a glass rimmed with salt. Garnish with lime and pineapple wedges.
6. Piña Coladas
No summertime drink list would be complete without a piña colada. This classic cocktail is the ultimate balance of tropical and sweet. To make it:
- Combine 1 ounce of white rum, 1 ounce of cream of coconut, and 3 ounces of pineapple juice in a blender.
- Add ice and blend until smooth. Garnish with a pineapple or cherry slice and serve.
You can enjoy this if you sail to Ibiza on a summer vacation. See here for some great Ibiza boat party packages.
There are countless festive drinks that you can serve at your next yacht party. Whether you’re looking for something refreshing, fruity, or boozy, consider making one or two on this list that will please your guests. Most importantly, choose a yacht charter that will accommodate your needs and ensure you have a great time.